Friday, June 6, 2008

Dallas show

Setlist and show notes moved here.
Reviews: COF / Dallas Observer / Star-Telegram / Dallas Morning News
Photos: COF / Dayna / Kami / Purse.Ho / Amdavisart / Guinn9 / Vania / Kevin
Videos:
LGTB/Freakshow/Close To Me
A Forest intro
A Forest Part 2
Prayers For Rain 1
Prayers For Rain 2
Underneath The Stars 1
Underneath The Stars 2
The End of the World
Shake Dog Shake 1
Shake Dog Shake 2
The Only One
Wrong Number
Killing An Arab
Pictures of You 1
Pictures of You 2
Fascination Street
One Hundred Years 1
One Hundred Years 2
Just Like Heaven
Lullaby
Inbetween Days
Friday I'm In Love 1
Friday I'm In Love 2
Lovesong 1
Lovesong 2
Lovesong 3
The Walk
Boys Don't Cry 1
Boys Don't Cry 2

1,162 comments:

  1. And there's no other way to start this thread than by once again wishing V a very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, Craig!! :D I hope they throw in a few "presents" in honor of my birthday!!!! :)

    So have you taken your own advice about getting tickets yet?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday V ! Have fun tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello.... again (as Robert would say).

    V - Are you still having a good birthday? I know it has been less than 24 hours, but it is beginning to feel like a birthday festival! Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy BDay V, lots of best wishes to you.

    Hopefully Cure can give you some presents to you.

    Wow, you have on the front page an "advert" for your birthday, is so good.

    Hey Craig, last night i heard in a radioshow from a girl who works on the mighty Universal, she is the English spoken Bands Label Manager and copnfirms Dream 13 is the official title.

    What you think ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elise: I think this is the most times I've ever been wished Happy Birthday in one day! It's awesome. ;)

    Mad Bob: Thank you!! I feel very, very special having my own birthday message on the front page!! :) I hope The Cure saw it and have made a special set list for the occasion. (Ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings everyone, I'm just popping in to say I won't be here for the setlist watch and chat, so I will be thinking of you all and wondering what songs they'll be playing. Have fun and have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rev! Hope you have a nice night! I was just thinking earlier how it was a shame that we didn't meet up at the Red Rocks show! Anyway, ttyl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rev, Bye Rev. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here are some more photos I took at the shows... Be back later tonight.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kittencult/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday V! Us June babies are the best! ;-)

    Here's hoping that you get some surprises at your show tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi everyone! i've missed you all, although i doubt many of you remember me. i'm the guy who can only get online when at work. i'll be here in and out for the next few hours, and just wanted to check in. happy birthday V!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jerry D: June is the best month to be born, indeed! :D Thanks!! It's not really *my* show, though, because I wussed out and didn't go. (In my defense, it's a 13-hour drive ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  14. sorry i can't join ya'll fer the chat 2nite - have fun.

    happy bday again V-dork. see ya'll sooners.

    robert, please hold off on holy hour until austin. oh, and i live just a mile from the venue, so let's have a beer at my place afterwards, mmmmkay?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Robert: As the birthday girl, I order you to honor all of Clockwise Cat's requests!!!

    Clockwise: I prolly won't be around much tonight, either. Hope you have a nice time tonight! :) Thanks again for the happy bday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brandon - You have some fantastic photos. I LOVE the Cure Jumbotron picture, it is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jerry - when is your bday?

    Cat - there could be some very good news for Austin. we'll see. : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. v and Cat - you will both be missed. Hope you both have fantastic nights.

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you Elise... Ill put some more up when i get back later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Eric - of course we remember you..... and your woodpussies :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brandon - still waiting for the rest of "the story". : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Craig: Good news for Austin, eh???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Craig, you can be such a tease.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooooffff! 13 hours! screw that! I don't blame you for "wussing"

    Craig my bday is the 24th.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi V and Elise and Mad Bob and Eric.

    Teasing is good Elise! : )

    ReplyDelete
  26. Elise: Craig is playing coy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mad Bob - Dream 13 is what Universal France is saying too. The other Universals are still silent.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've got to go out for a bit. I should be back before the first strains of Plainsong! Yep, that's my tip for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Everyone.

    Happy Birthday V

    ReplyDelete
  30. i'm hangin with the woodpussies fella right now... i could tell him you said hi, but then i'd have to let him know why you know about him :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I hate to bet against Elise, but I'm feeling Open tonight.

    Hey Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Don't you think they will do more shows afew months from now when the album drops??

    ReplyDelete
  33. Full moon - that's still a bit up in the air right now.

    ReplyDelete
  34. hmmmm.. yeah due for Open I'd say...unless something totally out of the blue...:P...

    ya don't mess with texas...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Keeping my fingers crossed for another Chicago show.. What about a few intimate shows like they did for Bloodflowers..

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks, Paul. :)

    On an unrelated note, I wish I could go to Austin! I bet that will be a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  37. & Happy Birthday to V... now that I know you're still here...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Happy b-day, V! Hope you get everything you've wished for and chocolate cake besides.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you jewella and AbrashTX!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey Abrash! Thanks again for covering Houston for us.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Unrelated to Dallas, but I am looking for Yvonne from Phoenix...my friend and I talked to you before the show at the Hollywood Bowl and I really want to hear how the show in Phoenix went for you! If you see this, my email is reginarea@hotmail.com...I'd love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What would they close with if they opened with "Want"?

    ReplyDelete
  43. http://cgi.ebay.ca/SOUTH-PARK-ROBERT-SMITH-SHIRT-Size-S-The-Cure_W0QQitemZ320259301066QQihZ011QQcategoryZ104706QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    ReplyDelete
  44. Happy Bday 2 Veeeeeee!
    Holy shit. V's a Gemini, Sofis a Gemini, Jerry's a Gemini. Who else's a Twin around here?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Helsabot: Simon's a Gemini... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  46. hey dudes!

    i can't stay for tonight either :/ ive gotta go kick some karaoke ass.
    i was looking online at the songlist and they have altr2elise (;P) on there!

    have a great time and i'll dig you later
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm a Leo, rwrowrrrr... lol..

    ReplyDelete
  48. ooh, I KNOW that. But you see, his moon's in Leo. :)

    How creepy is it that I know that??

    ReplyDelete
  49. First report from Wyatt: "Security says about 9,000 tickets sold for tonight."
    They are using the "half house" setup tonight, so almost sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  50. ps: yes! and prince is a gemini too! and cyndi lauper! not that any of this has anything to do with anything.

    pps:v, happy birfday, gurl!

    ppss: upon hearing the "dream 13" title my boyfriend sez- "i hope they were in a hotboxed room smoking weed when they thought that was awesome"

    i love having a curefan for a boyfriend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  51. Happy Birthday V!

    So clad I'll be able to join you all for the set list updates tonight. I missed the others during the week due to the time scale.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Good morning to you all! And of course, happy birthday to V from another June baby. I'm gonna have my birth day on 9th.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Happy Birthday V!

    Sounds like a good crowd tonight with all those sold seats.

    Craig, do you know how many shows have actually been sold out so far on this tour?
    I'm guessing its less than in europe but have there been more than expected?

    ReplyDelete
  54. I think USA would sell more if we actually had general admission. I know I’d go more if there was general admission.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beau - I think it's about 7-9 sell outs so far, but I don't have any real numbers, hard to verify.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I wonder what surprises are in store for us tonight.

    I had a 3 hour layover in Dallas yesterday on my way back from CA to NC. If I had the money, I would've stayed for tonight's show.


    Damn, why aren't we all rich?

    ReplyDelete
  57. V - It should be Bare, but it's not on the master song list.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wyatt: "65DOS on now, not many people here yet."

    ReplyDelete
  59. Helsabot: Does that explain his big hair period?

    ReplyDelete
  60. I like 65DOS. I didn't see them in San Diego, as I was scoping out the backstage area. The dork that I am...

    ReplyDelete
  61. I am wearing my hoodie for the first time tonight.. supposed to be spring here but it's more like November..

    ReplyDelete
  62. V.. YES! you hit the money girl. although, I don't think his "hair period" has ever gone away really.

    ReplyDelete
  63. lesse. Craig’s a kooky Aquarius, jewella’s Leo royalty, Cat’s an elusive Pisces, lotsa twins, I’m a Virgo. It seems we have a more or less eclectic mix.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Kooky!?!?!? How dare you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  65. V.. I live in British Columbia , Canada.. we're below normal temps here for June and it sucks sucks sucks..


    leos are very loyal as well :).

    ReplyDelete
  66. C- Jason smoking, lol. But, I was trying to get information from the security guard. He didnt have much to offer.


    I miss the days of Roger, because he was always ready to chat with us.

    ReplyDelete
  67. heehee, craig.
    Jewella, my best friend is a Leo. I know the loyalty all too well.

    ReplyDelete
  68. my friend called me the other night from Phoenix show during the Figurehead.. which was really meaningful to me.. :).

    ReplyDelete
  69. jewella: Just curious. Yesterday we here in Denver had temps in the 50s! I've never worn a sweater in June before. :D

    ReplyDelete
  70. Kooky sounds about right...;)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Roger was very kind to me.. and he didn't know me from Adam :P.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Kooky?

    As an Aquarian, I prefer Eccentric. :P

    Interestingly enough, we are supposed to get along best with Geminis (and Libras).

    ReplyDelete
  73. I suppose I'm not understanding 'global warming' lol.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Anah: I was just teasing. :) I have no prejudices against Aquarians.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Thank you Anah. That's more like it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  76. I had an Aquarian teacher in high school, and lets just say he was rather weeeeeird. But very lovable, nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Helsabot - not weird, eccentric! : )

    ReplyDelete
  78. What about my other Cure sisters in here, what are Elise and Jenny?

    ReplyDelete
  79. V- :D Happy Birthday!

    Craig: there are no others like us!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Wyatt: "Jason is hanging out right in front of us watching 65DOS"

    ReplyDelete
  81. I don’t know Craig. idiosyncratic, quirky, just plain bizarre at times has been my experience with Aquarius.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I guess we can all be a bit bizarre at times, but no one holds a candle to Aquarius. You really are unique folks.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Aw Helsabot, Anah and I are not so bad. : )

    ReplyDelete
  84. I dunno, we Geminis are pretty crazy with our split personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Thats cool about Jason just hanging about, that guy always seems so laid back.

    ReplyDelete
  86. is Robert a Taurus? i know i am, but my birthday is two days after his, and i think we're right on the edge...

    ReplyDelete
  87. Hey Craig, I said "lovable" to didn't I?:)

    V, tell me about it, sometimes you're three or four people! My Grandfather was a Gem.

    ReplyDelete
  88. I hope they open with the theme song from Dallas tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Helsa: I'm always arguing with myself!!! I drive myself crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  90. Andrew - Jason is always just walking about in the crowd. easiest member of The Cure to meet. : )

    ReplyDelete
  91. Yes Eric, Robert is a Taurean, with that infamous silky Taurean voice. Do you have a silky Taurean voice by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  92. Jason’s an Aquarius…… Go Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Helsabot - ok, you're off the hook. : )

    ReplyDelete
  94. I'm going to do my best with texting to Craig during the Houston concert, but pls. everyone keep in mind that 1) my phone has tee-ninesy hard-to-read buttons and 2)I'm blind as a bat. We'll be doing videos as well, but no telling if they'll turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  95. And would you call Jason kooky or weird? : )

    ReplyDelete
  96. Abrash: Cool!! I hope you have a fun time at the show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  97. Hi, Craig and everybody!

    I have been reading all of the show logs, but haven't been able to join live until now. I am very excited.

    Joel and I were at the Fairfax and Philly shows, and we are looking forward to both NYC shows.

    Oh, and Happy Birthday, V! Joel and I are both geminis, too!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Didn't the master setlist say that by the end of the American tour all 13 new songs would be played?

    Well with only 9 shows left to go they better hurry up and start putting a few more out.

    ReplyDelete
  99. AbrashTX, how many concerts have you been to thus far?

    ReplyDelete
  100. Kate: Yay, more Geminis!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  101. I was thinking about Jason the other day. He's been with the band for 13 years now. Why do I still think of him as 'new'?

    ReplyDelete
  102. Craig, I'd call Jason pretty damn cool until I got to know him better. Then I'd call him weird.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Welcome Kate! Kate was one of our live reporters for Fairfax and Philly.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Anah: I still think of him as new, too, even though he's been with the band for most of the time that I've been a fan and has played at all but one of the concerts I've seen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  105. I still do too anah.. I didn't realize it had been that long..?? I guess I'm attached to my big cure era in the late 80's...

    ReplyDelete
  106. Andrew: Yes, and they are saving all 13 of them for the Charlotte show. Just for me.

    <=

    ReplyDelete
  107. Kate: Thanks for your live reports! :)

    ReplyDelete
  108. Kate, oh god, there too many people in here!

    ReplyDelete
  109. Thanks for the warm welcome, Craig and V. I am so happy to be "here" :)

    ReplyDelete
  110. Well Anah make sure you take something to record those on. Just for me......and everybody else.

    ReplyDelete
  111. Wait, is Jason an Aquarius? LOL.


    *goes to look*

    ReplyDelete
  112. LOL, he is. Wow. That makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  113. helsabot - too many people? :)

    ReplyDelete
  114. Yes my dear, Gemini's are two and sometimes four people in one.

    ReplyDelete
  115. helasbot - i actually do have a pretty good tenor voice. good enough to sub at the major cathedrals in England during the summer. paid for three trips to england over the past 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  116. Anah: Cool! May I ask where? I went to UNC-CH. :)

    ReplyDelete
  117. Anah - why do you say that about Jason?

    ReplyDelete
  118. check this out if you need a chuckle 1:05
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRXR_Hwq4Dc

    ReplyDelete
  119. Wow, that's awesome Eric! Yeah, Taurus is pretty well known for the “voice”.

    ReplyDelete
  120. helsabot - Oh, yeah! We joke that between the two of us, there are really four! Our birthdays are six days apart.

    ReplyDelete
  121. Love Taurus, they're giant teddy bears...

    ReplyDelete
  122. Helsa: Aren't they known for being stubborn?

    ReplyDelete
  123. I've watched it like 4 x and i crack up every time @ 1:05 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  124. V: I'm in Raleigh :) I moved here about 4 years ago from San Diego.

    Craig: He just seems...eccentric to me.

    ReplyDelete
  125. Kate lol! how DO you sort out all those birthdays?

    ReplyDelete
  126. OK - I'm back! Had a very quick catch up!
    Hi Jewella, Helsa and Andrew!
    Welcome, Kate

    Helsa - I'm a Pisces!

    ReplyDelete
  127. Anah: Cool...how do you like it there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  128. Hey now, I'm an aqua, and a lefty.... wait I've been called weird plenty of times. Forget I said anything.

    ReplyDelete
  129. V, oh YEAH are they stubborn, but that stubbornness turned upside down is patience. I think they are the most patient of people.

    ReplyDelete
  130. jewella - that clip is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  131. hi elise !!

    Robert is such a freak-show !!! for anyone who missed it the above youtube @ 1:05 just proves it :P

    ReplyDelete
  132. and to not feel left out, happy bday v.

    ReplyDelete
  133. Elise: Believe it or not, yeah! :| :)

    ReplyDelete
  134. Jon - yeah, I guess I should shut up too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  135. For the record, I know we are pretty much due Open to start, but someone said that Dallas gets a special show AND Plainsong is more special than Open IMHO

    ReplyDelete
  136. Jon: Thank you! :) Just for that, I won't call you weird.

    ReplyDelete
  137. Elise!! the elusive fish. My brother's a fish. Sometimes I feel like we're twins...

    ReplyDelete
  138. what time is it? i just got home from djing at a industrial/ebm club. i'm really drunk. drunk...

    ReplyDelete
  139. So I'm Cancer what does that mean? I'm Crabby?

    ReplyDelete
  140. helsabot - we just declare that it's our birthday WEEK (or MONTH, if we're feeling extravagant), and don't fuss with single days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  141. Andrew: My high school mascot was the sandcrab, so I know how you feel!

    I think my moon may be in Cancer?

    ReplyDelete
  142. Andrew, it means you usually scuttle back and forth and up and down before you make a decision about anything. Oh, and cancers are well known for having a “loony” sense of humor…

    ReplyDelete
  143. Antii - it is 9.24 in the morning where I am!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  144. 1.05 - dontcha just what to cuddle him up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  145. please play holy hour tonight. no you wont.

    ReplyDelete
  146. Helsa - I'd have to say 'elusive' isn't a word I would use to describe me. What are you?

    ReplyDelete
  147. Don't listen to future girl, it's 8:25pm Cure time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  148. Elise, I want to "cuddle" him up ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  149. elise , it just cracked me up...but yeah he kinda seems panda bear cuddly :P.

    ReplyDelete
  150. We should takes bets on the set list tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  151. Antii - they won't play Holy Hour until Cat is at the show!!! If they do, there will be big trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  152. Elise, I'm a Virgo, or a Virago depending on what day you catch me on.

    ReplyDelete
  153. I don't know if I have a loony sense of humour. I guess I find humour in vulgarity which means I usually offend 99% of people I know at some point....

    ReplyDelete
  154. Andrew: I find that downright offensive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  155. Antii - where are you?

    Craig - you should come to the future one day.... it's a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  156. i'm hoping for something special tonight. just one song. or more. sorry, i'm still terribly drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  157. Hi everyone.

    Good & Rainy Night.

    Just in time.

    It look like tonight we have a soldout date.

    Great, i hope the crowd be loudy.

    C´mon Cure, bring us another new song.

    We´re having good setlist last shows,i hope tonight won´t be exception and they make a prety much standard set.

    ReplyDelete
  158. v - LOL!

    Helso - my dad's a Virgo! He's a little bit stubborn... are you?

    ReplyDelete
  159. i'm in helsinki, finland. it's very light outside.

    ReplyDelete
  160. V, LMAO.

    I guess 2:30 am my time converts to 8:30 cure time.

    ReplyDelete
  161. Andrew, LOL, welcome to the club my friend! We talk almost exclusively about genitals around here.

    ReplyDelete
  162. I'm so confused about what time is Cure time, since they went from Pacific to Central time just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  163. Helsa: I would never talk about something like that! Never in a million years! Hmmph! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  164. Elise,I wouldn’t say “stubborn” but I can put my foot down when I feel it’s absolutely necessary. And when I make up my mind about something, I never take it back.

    ReplyDelete
  165. Hi Mad Bob.

    Hey, Jewella - I'm wearing my hoodie too. Only difference, I didn't get mine from a concert, I had to order online. Australians always get crappy merchandise!

    ReplyDelete
  166. this is my first time doing this. i'm losing my virginity.

    ReplyDelete
  167. Helsa - I don't think that is a bad trait.

    ReplyDelete
  168. Craig: Those kooky Arizonans!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  169. Can someone go and feed the dogs for me?

    ReplyDelete
  170. Craig - yes, the Arizona time zone / daylight saving thing is weird, isn't it? I have planned or attended a number of work conferences there, and everyone always gets so confused!

    ReplyDelete
  171. Elise: What kind of dogs are they?

    ReplyDelete
  172. Oh NEVER does the Veee discuss such things. Perish the thought V.

    ReplyDelete
  173. Helsa: I'm a good, wholesome girl, really! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  174. i need a drink. please, someone!

    ReplyDelete
  175. Elise, lol
    Andrew, aww, we have something in common.

    ReplyDelete
  176. v - a broad description is pesky little shits, but they are really beagles. Boston and Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  177. Kate - it had me confused for half a day when trying to figure out the Cure schedule. Thanks to Jerry D for helping me out. : )

    ReplyDelete
  178. hey elise... was a bit pricey spending $80 on a hoodie, but I didn't buy anything last tour.. so I can justify it !!! nice and warm.. now I could use some Cure mitts !!

    ReplyDelete