Thursday, April 7, 2016

Be careful when buying/selling tickets online


I know this goes without saying, but you need to be careful about who you're dealing with when buying/selling tickets online. Perfect.Murder offers up this recent example of a possible scam:

"I was contacted yesterday by someone who sounded legit initially, offering me 2 tickets to Copenhagen shows (i am asking for tickets for that particular show in the European tour section on your page)..
After a couple of back and forth i grew suspicious until this morning’s final email which i will copy paste below..
 

When Western Union and Ghana shows up in an email…. alarm bells SHOULD START ringing.
Some fans may not be that wary, hence my email ……

THESE ARE THE EMAILS FROM THE SENDER, WHICH WENT UNDER THE NAME OF: LEXIE NEUMANN EMAIL lexieneumann@yahoo.com


I won't be attending again, let me know if you need it.

It is £80 for the two tickets and I am selling it because of someone who needs the money so if you are ok with the price you send the money to the person and I will post the tickets for you to your address which you will give me.

Yes I have the tickets it is for me, I am selling it for my girlfriend if not I would like to attend, am sorry I can't send it try to understand this is nothing just give me your address and I will post it immediately you send the money to her.

FINAL EMAIL

My wife to be is coming to me, I want you to send the money to her she needs it than I do and that is actually the main reason am selling it.
Through western union with
Name: Christogonus Ekwelem
Country: Accra Ghana.

As soon you is done reply me with your address to post it immediately without delay."

7 comments:

  1. Same person with same email tried to scam Milan tickets a few weeks back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should report this....I work at Wells Fargo and we have lots of phishing email scams...wire transfer scams...and counterfeit check scams ...there are rings of these people and they try and keep trying until they are successful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got hit up like this for an auction I had on eBay about 8 years ago. They actually went through the trouble of sending me a forged check for way over the amount of the auction and asked me to Western Union the overpaid amount to them in Africa. Needless to say I told them to get bent. But feel sorry for those that fall for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got hit up like this for an auction I had on eBay about 8 years ago. They actually went through the trouble of sending me a forged check for way over the amount of the auction and asked me to Western Union the overpaid amount to them in Africa. Needless to say I told them to get bent. But feel sorry for those that fall for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so afraid to sell my extra tix to strangers online, but I did it through FB fan pages and met Andrew Breese and Serena Simi. All went well, thankfully. We all proved we were legit fans before money/tix changed hands. So sad that scammers are so creative.

    ReplyDelete